Spa Safety Instructions & Disclaimer
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ BEFORE USING THE SPA
We do not like to have lots of rules and regulations. However, when there is water there is a risk of drowning and illness if not used properly. Please act carefully and be aware of the risks. We, as holiday park owners and in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, have a duty of care to make your spa experience an enjoyable and safe one. The following simple instructions are for your safety and well-being whilst using the spa. We ask for your full cooperation please.
Shower with soap & water:
The spa is not to be used as an alternative to a bath or shower - It is meant for hydrotherapy, relaxation and pleasure. For your comfort and enjoyment, the water temperature is set at the recommended 37-38°C for spas, (please do not put the temperature above 39.5°C as it can lead to the hot tub over heating) health and safety (and manufacturer’s instructions) make it imperative that you shower before using the spa to remove sweat, deodorants and body lotions.
Please note: The temperature of the spa water is also the perfect breeding ground for bacteria. Failure to shower will cause the water in the spa to become contaminated and at 37°C bacteria can multiply very quickly, thus posing a risk to you. If there is ever any adverse change in water quality through mis-use, the spa will have to be switched off, drained, disinfected, re-filled and re-heated. The whole process to rectify the water quality can take up to 14 hours during which time you will not be able to use the spa, a £50 charge applies if we must take this action.
Using your spa
To remove the cover, carefully unclip the holding straps and standing to the side of the spa, fold back the front half of the lid, then use the lifter to move the complete lid to the back of the spa. Check the lid is secure. Simply reverse the process to replace the lid.
Please ensure the lid is always kept on the cover holder.
Press the jet button on and select different jets, using handles and levers around the spa to start the 20-minute cycle. To finish the jet cycle early, click the on button again and the jets will stop. For health and safety reasons, we strongly advise no longer than 15 minutes at a time in the spa, and not to submerge your head underwater. We also recommend not to use the spa after a large meal, or after the consumption of alcohol. To illuminate your spa, press the light button. Please do not change the temperature control, as it may be too hot or too cool for you to use next time. Dressing robes are provided for you when using the spa area - towels and robes can be hung on the hooks outside the French doors.
Press the light button if you wish to use the illumination settings. Press the jet button on and select different jets with handles and levers around the spa. Then to finish the jet cycle simply press the jet button(s) again and the jets will stop. The jet cycle lasts for 20 minutes. It is recommended that users limit continuous periods of time in the hot tub to 15 minutes and should not submerse their heads under water. For your own safety and well-being do not use the spa if you have had a large meal or after the consumption of alcohol.
Please do not change the temperature control, as it may be too hot or too cool for you to use next time. Dressing robes are provided for you when using the spa area - towels and robes can be hung on the hooks outside the French doors.
The water in your spa is changed before your stay and is kept clean by filters and chemicals. We test the spa twice a day to ensure that the water quality is maintained to the highest standard at all times. Please note that we will require access to the spa in the morning and evening to do this - the testing should only take 5 minutes.
Spa Safety Rules
• Shower with soap and water before entering the spa
• Please do not add soaps or oils, e.g. shower gel, bubble bath, essential oils, etc. to the water as this will damage the filters and render the spa unusable (see note in red)
- Enter and exit the spa slowly
- Please use caution as the area around the spa can become slippery when wet
- Do not use glass or ceramic containers in or near the spa - use the plastic glasses provided
- No food or drink in the spa
- No smoking in or around the spa
- Do not use or have any electrical items in or near the spa
- Please tie back long hair and remove jewellery to prevent the risk of entanglement in the filter system
- Avoid consuming alcohol when in the spa - it may make you feel sick and dizzy
- Please avoid jumping or diving
- Exit immediatelly if uncomfortable, dizzy or sleepy. Spa heat can cause hyperthermia and unconciousness
- Limit your soak to 15 minutes and cool off before re-entering the spa
- Please do not sit or lie down on the spa cover
- Please do not turn off the electricity to your spa
- Whilst the cover is removed, whether in use or not, please do not leave the hot tub un-attended at any time
- Under no circumstances can a visitor use the spa - our insurance does not cover this
- Please turn off lights/high jets, replace the cover and fasten the clips as soon as you get out to conserve the heat, keep out leaves and insects; and prevent wildlife from falling in!
- If you are or think you are pregnant you should NOT use the spa
- Elderly persons or anyone with heart diseases, diabetes, high or low blood pressure or any serious illness should consult their GP before entering the spa
- People with alcohol or medication (that causes drowsiness) in their system should not enter the spa
- Do not use the spa if you have had diarrhoea or repeated vomiting within the last 14 days
- Spas are not advised for guests with skin disorders as they may worsen their conditions
- All users of the spa do so at their own risk
- The management accepts no responsibility for accidents or injury
Our holiday park is known for its peace and quiet, so please have a care for other guests in adjoining lodges - not everyone wants to party late into the night. In the interest of your safety and respect to other guests please keep noise levels to a minimum after 10pm.
The park will not accept responsibility for a guest failing to follow these safety instructions.